Zincal 200Cyanide-free Alkaline Zinc plating process
This process can obtain a mirror-like bright coating. No chelating agents and complexing agents exist. It can be used for racking plating and barrel plating.
Characteristics of The Process
- Cyanide-free, non-toxic system that simplifies waste water purification
- Exceptionally bright finish
- Excellent throwing-power
- Accepts all passivate and chromate films
- Suitable for rack and barrel applications
Area ratio between anode and cathode
Method of preparation
- Clean the tank and add deionized water up to 2/3 of the tank ;
- add the required sodium hydroxide and dissolve it;
- Put the steel anode basket which containing high purity (99,99%) zinc ingot into the tank. Remove the anode basket when the zinc concentration in the solution dissolved to 8-10 g/l ( calculate according to the final volume );
- Add water, retain the volume allowance of additives, stir evenly, sampling, analysis;
- Add Zincal 200 as required.
Maintenance and supplementation
- It depends on result of Hull cell test
- Or replenish Zincal 200 per 10,000 amperage hours as below,
The treatment is simple as no chelating agents and complexing agents. The wastewater can be discharged directly into the neutralization workshop, and the zinc can be precipitated in the form of alkali when the PH value is about 9.